ELEVATE CONSTRUCTION INTERIOR PAINTING
Elevate Construction provides professional residential interior painting services. Interior painting typically refers to finishing walls and ceilings with a latex paint. Generally, two coats of paint are required whenever there is color change. The application method for walls is generally by brush and roller while ceiling are typically sprayed and back-rolled. There are specialty primers and paints for unique situations. Our trained estimators can help you decide what the best products are for your situation, and our skilled interior painting specialists will deliver professional results.
Our Preparation Process:
1. Firstly we will remove any furniture we can and move what’s left into the center of the room. We will cover everything with drop cloths so that your furniture will be protected. We use removable ‘safety’masking tape around moldings, doors and windows, and drop cloths to protect floors and furnishings.
2. We will cover all smoke detectors as well as remove all light switch plates and electrical socket plates.
3. We will identify any imperfections in your walls.
4. We will sand and or scrape any loose and flaky paint with sandpaper and paint scrapers –down to bare surfaces if necessary.
5. We will fill in all nail and screw holes with spackling compound and fill cracks with caulk.
6. For more serious repairs, we will use drywall-taping techniques, sanding it down until it matches the area around it.
7. We will wash all surfaces with our proprietary cleaner to remove grease and dirt. If necessary, we will use paint deglosser on glossy surfaces such as trim.
8. We will tape all walls and ceilings as well as apply tarps to cover any exposed furniture and carpet.
Wallpaper and Wallcoverings
You can easily give your room a nice touch without hiring a professional interior designer by covering the walls with wallpaper. Wallpaper and wallpaper borders can improve the overall mood of a room with customized design and color. Bright, colorful prints will brighten a room that lacks natural sunlight and dramatic print can provide a formal, more sophisticated feeling. Wallpaper can subtly change the perceived size and dimensions of the room, making it look bigger, taller, smaller or cozier. Because wallpaper and wallcoverings are available in so many colors, textures, patterns and styles, they can be easily used in every room in your house.
Wallpaper borders provide an excellent way to incorporate a decorating approach involving both wallpaper and paint. If you are an outdoors person, you can capture that feeling with a cabin inspired theme. Or maybe you could try a country kitchen look by applying wallpaper borders featuring fruits and flowers. You can easily coordinate your painted walls with a favorite border in a short amount of time.
Peel & Stick wallcoverings, which can be found at an affordable price, are temporary in nature and an excellent decorating alternative for your home. If you are decorating a child’s room or a kitchen, a simple addition will provide a perfect complement to the painted walls and finish the room with a nice touch.
How to choose the right painter for your house
Interior Painting Skills – When you think of a professional painter, you might think that they just throw paint on the walls and charge you for it. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. Professional painting contractors are highly skilled at applying paint correctly and managing painting projects. A painter will move furniture, measure room sizes, prep a room with taping and then apply multiple color coatings to achieve the optimal result. They have the experience and skill to show it.
Lead Abatement for Older Homes – If your home was built before 1978, it’s possible that you have paint layers that contain lead. You don’t want to risk releasing harmful lead into your living environment. A professional interior painter should be able to test for lead or hire a lead expert who will conduct the testing.
Surface Preparation –Prepping has to be done before you apply any paint to the walls. If this step is skipped, the new paint will not properly last through time and it will cost you time and money. Take a look at how we prep your room on our tab to the left. Standard surface preparation might include washing dirty walls, sanding surfaces, filling holes or cracks and applying primer.
Quick Turnaround Time – Painting your interior might take you a weekend if you’re pretty quick. We all have busy schedules and life tends to get in the way. Professional painting contractors will be able to quickly finish your interior painting project. Our high skilled painters at Elevate Construction know how to efficiently manage a project so you don’t have anything to worry about.
After Project Cleanup – Cleaning up a paint job can be stressful when you do it by yourself. That’s why it’s recommended to hire professional painting contractors that will leave the working area as they’ve found it.